Home › Sciatica Pain Relief
Sciatica Pain Relief
The sciatic nerve is pretty well known as the longest nerve of our body. Starting from the spinal cord, this nerve goes through the buttock and down with both the legs. The term Sciatica is used for pain suffered by patient along the path of this nerve. Sciatica itself is not a disease, it is only a symptom. The cause may be some other nerve problem; for example, herniated disc. The patients suffering from acute Sciatica may find the pain extremely uncomfortable. The pain, however, goes away after four to eight weeks on its own. More information on Sciatica Treatment
Sciatica is found to occur frequently in patients in the age group of 30 to 50 years. Sciatica is usually not caused by a single event; it occurs due to general wear and tear of lower spine. While the disease is itself painful, it doesnít usually result in permanent nerve damage. Also, since there is no spinal cord in the lower spine, herniated disc in the area doesnít cause paralysis.
Sciatica Pain Treatment
Doctors have traditionally been prescribing bed rest for the patient of Sciatica. A recent research, however, doesnít agree with this view. Patients who didnít undergo bed rest have reported similar results along with those who were under bed rest. Keep these points in mind while getting treated for Sciatica:
- The disease usually improves on its own.
- Be active and keep working, if possible.
- You may be forced to rest, but this is only because of pain. It is not the right way to treat Sciatica or back pain. If you are using pain killers, use simple ones, such as ibuprofen or paracetamol.
- Any activity that strains your back should be avoided.
- Itís only in some of the cases that the disease doesnít settle down, thus resulting in complications. Doctors may also recommend surgery after conducting suitable tests.
- If the pain is uncontrollable and very severe, you may even get an epidural injection which eases the pain to a great extent. This injection is given in epidural space located near dural membrane. The common medicines used in this injection are anti-inflammatory medications, steroids and anesthetics.
- If you are not working, try to get back as soon as possible. Remember, you wonít be pain free before you join work.
A slipped disc is the most common reason of Sciatica. The disease occurs when a herniated disc presses against nerve root which are part of sciatic nerve. If you are suffering from Sciatica for more than few weeks, you doctor will get MRI or CT scan tests done. In the test, even soft structures of spine are visible and the doctors can easily find out the details of nerve being squeezed.
If you have any questions about FLOBAX, you can reach us
toll free: 1-888-680-1616 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Order Flobax: Sciatica Pain Relief